Find & Rent Self Storage Units In Anchorage Alaska Near You
Save Money By Choosing The Right Storage Solution
The cost to store your items in a Anchorage storage unit can range from quite inexpensive, to very costly. This cost variance can be caused by any number of factors, such as location in Alaska, condition of the facilities, size and type of storage unit, and features built into the price. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your money when you put your items into storage unit prices.
Identify Your Needs For Alaska storage unit prices
Your first step to getting the best deal is to become an informed renter, which begins with identifying what your needs actually are. A lot of people spend more than they need to on storage unit prices because they get convinced by a slick salesperson that they options that they could do without. Begin by examining the types of items that you’ll be storing in your storage unit prices, and ask yourself these questions:
- *How much space will you need to store your items?
- *What level of security do you need for your items?
- *Do your items require enclosed, covered, or open storage solutions, or a mixture of more than one?
- *Are your items easily damaged by temperature extremes?
- *Will you need 24 hour access to your items?
- *How important is the location of the storage facility?
- *How important is it to you that the storage facility is regularly staffed?
These storage unit prices questions will help you to narrow down your choices. Most of them you’ll be able to answer on your own without to much efforts. Others, such as how much space you’ll need for your items, may or may not be able to be answered by you. If you’re unsure, don’t be afraid to talk to the storage facility manager, who can make recommendations based upon the type and amount of items that you have to store.
Do You Need Moving Containers, Bins or Truck Rental?
Finding Cheap Storage Units
Investing in cheap storage units can be a great way to get rid of some of the clutter throughout your home without having to get rid of your belongings. It can also be a good way to downsize your home without having to throw everything away as well. After all, you might have belongings that are taking up a lot of space but that you simply do not want to get rid of. This can not only allow you to keep them, but also save money at the same time. If you have made a decision to find cheap storage units to maximize the space available in your home, you will want to be sure to find the right one. Finding the right storage unit to invest in doesn't have to be too difficult of a process. Below, we will discuss some of the top ways in which you can find the right cheap storage unit to invest in.
Finding The Right Storage Unit:
One of the first considerations you will likely have to make is the location of the unit. While this is important, it should not be the sole basis for your decision. Depending on whether or not you will be storing items that you actively need throughout the year, the location of the unit might not be all that important to you. It is wise to not limit yourself based on the location of the units in question. Therefore, while this might be a consideration, it shouldn't be too high of a priority unless you are going to be accessing the unit daily.
Another major thing that you are going to want to check out is the size of the unit. This is going to be determined by your needs. If you do not need a huge unit to store a lot of things, you might be able to get away with a smaller unit. Whereas, you also want to factor in how you will be utilizing the space. While you might be able to fit everything into the smallest unit, it is important to remember that you might need to access various things throughout your storage unit at times. Thus, you might have to end up unpacking or moving everything out of the way in order to gain sufficient access to it. This is not only going to waste your time but can be a huge hassle as well. Therefore, if you are going to be needing complete access to everything in your storage unit throughout the year, it might be better to invest in a unit slightly larger than you might need so you can plan to have to space to walk and access the entire unit at all times.
3. Climate Controlled Units.
If you are going to be storing temperature sensitive items or belongings, you will want to be sure that you are investing in a climate controlled unit. Not everyone is going to need these type of advanced features. It is all going to depend on what you are storing in the unit itself. Investing in a climate controlled unit will cost more so it is something to consider.
Another major factor into your decision will be the security of the unit that you are looking at. Obviously, if you plan on storing a lot of expensive equipment or items, you will want to invest in a storage unit that will provide you with ample security. Whereas, if you are only going to be placing low cost or inexpensive things inside of the unit, you might not want to pay extra for enhanced security features.
Ultimately, it is going to largely depend on what your needs are, what you plan on storing in the units, and whether or not you will want access to the entire unit to be able to take things in and out of it. By figuring out the answers to all of the above factors, you should be able to properly identify the right storage unit to invest in. While the location of the unit is likely going to be important to some, it is best to not limit yourself to a few options solely because of it.
storage unit prices Near Anchorage: Choosing The Right Size Storage Unit
You could choose to go with a larger unit than you’ll need when looking near Anchorage Alaska, but it’ll be overkill, and you’ll pay a premium for space that you aren’t even using. The facility manager should be able to help you figure out how much space you’ll need, but that’s assuming that he or she is an honest individual. As a rule of thumb, here are the typical storage unit sizes, and how much you can expect to store in them.
- *5′ X 5′ Often called closet storage, it’s suitable for storing any extra items that you may have, such as tools, seasonal items, and office supplies.
- *5′ X 10′ You’ll be able to store about the equivalent of one bedroom in a unit of this size.
- *10′ X 10′ This size storage unit is great for storing the amount of items you might have in an average sized, two bedroom apartment.
- *10′ X 15′ You’ll have enough room to store the equivalent of three bedrooms, including bulkier items such as beds and dressers.
- *10′ X 20′ This storage unit is sufficient for storing a full-sized house of up to five bedrooms.
- *10′ X 30′ If you have a larger home, this one’s for you. You can store the equivalent of up to seven bedrooms.
Self Storage Facility Features To Look For Nearby
There are a number of storage unit prices features that may, or may not, be important to you. Having weighed your needs, it’s time to acquaint yourself with the features that you might find at a storage facility near you. Here is a list of features that you’ll find offered at most well run storage facilities:
- *Climate or Temperature Controlled: This feature is useful if the items that you’re storing are susceptible to damage from exposure to fluctuating temperature extremes and humidity.
- *High Tech Security: The amount of security offered will vary from facility to facility, however some of the security measures that may be offered include individual door alarms, 24 hour DVR security, and automatically shutting, pass-coded gates. Some locations also keep staff on hand at all times as an additional security measure.
- *24 Hour Access: Some facilities are available for access 24 hours per day, with or without security to control who has access.
- *Specialty Storage: Some facilities offer special storage solutions for boats, recreational vehicles, automobiles, computer equipment, wine, etc.
- *Extra-wide Alleys: Most newer facilities offer wide access alleys between rolls of buildings so that larger moving vehicles can easily fit.
Types Of Storage Solutions in Anchorage Alaska
You’ll have three basic types of storage units in your area to choose from: indoor, drive up, and mobile. Each storage solution has its own pros and cons, and the one that you’ll choose will be determined by your individual storage needs. Most people choose either indoor or drive up units.
- Indoor Storage Units: These are often more expensive than drive up due to the fact that they are much more secure. Most Anchorage facilities require that you pass through some type of security, usually locked door with a keypad, to gain access to the interior of the building. If you’re going to need a climate controlled storage unit, then you should focus your search for those facilities that offer indoor storage. While not as convenient to access as it is for drive up units, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your items are better protected.
- Drive Up Storage Units: Usually less expensive than indoor units in Anchorage , and they are much more common to find. Access is typically very good, often with enough space to back a moving truck directly to your storage unit’s door. Most do not offer any type of climate control, which means that it can get quite cold to very hot inside the unit as the seasons change.
- Mobile Storage Units: This type is often the choice of people who are relocating to another city in Alaska outside of Anchorage. They’ll have the convenience of having the unit, called a storage pod, delivered to their home. Once loaded, the unit will be picked up and transported to the city that you’re relocating to, and will be stored until you’re ready for delivery to your new home.
Indoor & Outdoor Units For Your Office, Business Or Personal Storage Needs
Looking For Climate Controlled Storage? Look For These 10 Things!
There can be many reasons why you want a climate controlled storage unit. You might have no air conditioning or heat at home and want to protect your belongings for a while. A huge collection of books and magazines could suffer from mildew and moisture, and it's always a good option for preserving antiques and family heirlooms that simply won't fit into your home, or you don't trust your attic or basement.
When you start your search for a climate controlled storage facility, look out for these 10 things as you consider your possibilities:
1) What range of actual temperatures do they keep the building in? Even though a facility might claim to be climate controlled, what do they really mean by it? Is it just some air conditioning? What's the maximum temperature they tolerate? What about a minimum? What humidity level do they keep the air at? Knowing these numbers can matter quite a bit depending on what you're storing there.
2) Are there backup generators? If you really want to make sure your stuff is always protected, then look for a climate controlled storage facility that has backup generators to kick in when the power goes out. This option is rather rare, and also expensive.
3) What is the history of power outages in that location? Most facilities will not actually see their internal climate change all that much from just a few hours of power loss, but a few days could be a whole different story. See what you can find out about how often outages happen there and how long the average one is if you're truly concerned and the facility does not have backup generators.
4) Is there online monitoring? Modern technology should mean great options, like the chance to see the hallways and parking lot of the facility over the Internet through the building's security cameras. You should also be able to see a dashboard showing the hours someone is on duty in the office, as well as the current temperature and humidity within the facility.
5) How flexible are the contracts? Some places will negotiate a fixed-length contract and expect you to honor it to the end. Others will just let things go month to month. Read the fine print and ask questions.
6) Is the first month cheap or free? Like standard storage unit rental facilities, climate controlled options often offer a free first month, or make the first four weeks something cheap like a dollar.
7) Are there early termination fees? If the place is month to month, this is not really a concern, but if you sign a longer rental agreement, you might face an early termination fee if you decide to pull your belongings out before the contract has run its course.
8) Is there 24/7 access? Even though you are storing your possessions there to be secure, you should also be able to get to them whenever you need to, regardless of what day or hour it might be. Expect some combination of key codes and cards with other technology to be given to you so that you can get into the facility whenever you want to do so.
9) Is the location staffed? You might need a new lock, need to report a problem, or just can't get in. Know what hours a facility is actually staffed, although it's unlikely to be 24/7. To prevent a monthly errand, it's good to do business with a place that lets you pay for your unit online.
10) How hard is it to get in and out? Many storage rental unit properties are notorious for how hard it can be to get in and out. They need to be secure and have gated entries, but they might also be so secure that it's cumbersome getting a vehicle in and out. A climate controlled storage facility might be a double whammy, involving entering the fence and also the building, but it also might just involved entering the building itself.
These 10 factors aren't the only things you should look for in climate controlled storage, but they provide good parameters to start your hunt for a good deal.
Comparing Anchorage Storage Units & Facilities Nearby
Just like with anything else, it pays to shop around. Don’t just go to the storage facility nearest to your house in Anchorage, and sign a contract with them to store your items. Also, don’t go with the cheapest storage place you can find without giving it a lot of thought ahead of time. In either case, you’re not usually going to get the best deal, and you may find that your needs are not being met. Once you’ve signed a contract, you’re typically required to give a 30 day notice in order to store your items with another facility.
When comparing, consider the condition of the facility, and whether or not it is staffed during regular business hours. Also consider the distance to you home in Anchorage Alaska. It may not seem like much now, but you’ll be glad not to have to drive the extra miles.
If You Are Looking For The Perfect Storage Units in Anchorage To Rent Call Us!
You can save some money by looking for facilities that offer the first month free or for $1. Some will also provide a free moving truck for local moves, which can save you the cost of renting a truck. Don’t rush into signing a contract, and be sure that all of your needs are going to be fulfilled to ensure that you are getting the right storage unit in Anchorage for the money.
Where Is The Best Facility To Keep and Store Your Favorite Things?
Tips For Finding The Best Storage Rental Units
When you have a lot of items that you own, you may notice it is going to be difficult to keep them on your property at times. Since this is the case, you may want to think about some tips to help you out in getting the best storage units you can rent. However, if you are like a lot of people you may find that it is going to be impossible to know what to find in the storage units. This is why you should know some tips, like those provided here, to get the right storage unit for your needs.
The first thing that you need to do is figure out how much of a storage unit you are going to need to have. However, what you need to realize is the size should be a little bit bigger than what you think. That is because you will need to have a unit that holds all the items. Remember you can stack the items, but if you are planning on getting the items back out and need to move them around quite a bit you will need to know about the size of the unit and how you can stack or store the items to make them accessible.
Location is something else to think about when you are looking at these storage units. You may think it is not going to matter that much, but you need to realize when you are getting these units and having your items stored away from your home you want to get to them easily. So you should find a unit that is close to your home. However, what you need to realize is if you are getting one of the storage units that is going to be something you need to consider where the storage units are going to come from and where you can put them on your property.
Security that is present in the storage units is something else to consider. Face it, crime is on the rise and you want to make sure your items are safe and secure. However, you also want to make sure you are going to have all of your belongings being safe from being stolen. Since this is the case you should make sure you know about the protection that is in place for the location the storage unit is located in. For example, fencing, on site security guards, and even getting the protection that is needed from cameras that are going to record the criminals who are coming into the location and stealing the items from units.
Weather control is something else you need to think about as well. You may have never thought about this before, but when you are storing some of your items inside of a metal storage building they are going to sweat. This is going to lead to the sweat dripping onto your items and can easily ruin them. However, to keep them from happening you will want to make sure you are going to know about the type of air conditioning or heating the units are going to have. Then you do not have to be concerned about your belongings inside of the unit being ruined.
Finally you need to know about the type of fire protection that is present. It is sad to say, but sometimes these units do catch fire and if they do not have the proper fire protection in place it could easily ruin your belongings. However, you should make sure you know about the protection the storage unit company is going to have in regards to the fire that can be spread.
Having to put your belongings in storage may not be the best option at times for you, but it is something that you may need to do. This is when you should know more about the best tips to help you in finding the best storage units you are able to rent. By knowing these tips it will be very easy for you to get the right information and know it is going to help you in selecting the storage unit you can use.