Find & Rent Self Storage Units In Fort Lauderdale Florida Near You
Save Money By Choosing The Right Storage Solution
The cost to store your items in a Fort Lauderdale storage unit can range from quite inexpensive, to very costly. This cost variance can be caused by any number of factors, such as location in Florida, condition of the facilities, size and type of storage unit, and features built into the price. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your money when you put your items into storage places.
Identify Your Needs For Florida storage places
Your first step to getting the best deal is to become an informed renter, which begins with identifying what your needs actually are. A lot of people spend more than they need to on storage places because they get convinced by a slick salesperson that they options that they could do without. Begin by examining the types of items that you’ll be storing in your storage places, and ask yourself these questions:
- *How much space will you need to store your items?
- *What level of security do you need for your items?
- *Do your items require enclosed, covered, or open storage solutions, or a mixture of more than one?
- *Are your items easily damaged by temperature extremes?
- *Will you need 24 hour access to your items?
- *How important is the location of the storage facility?
- *How important is it to you that the storage facility is regularly staffed?
These storage places questions will help you to narrow down your choices. Most of them you’ll be able to answer on your own without to much efforts. Others, such as how much space you’ll need for your items, may or may not be able to be answered by you. If you’re unsure, don’t be afraid to talk to the storage facility manager, who can make recommendations based upon the type and amount of items that you have to store.
Where Is The Best Facility To Keep and Store Your Favorite Things?
Finding The Best Storage Facilities
Renting a storage unit is likely going to come up some time. This is especially true if you are thinking about downsizing to a smaller living space or simply looking to de-clutter your home. You might want to keep some things but not have them taking up valuable space in your living area. Getting a spot at a storage facility can be a great way to do this. However, knowing what storage facility to pick and even trust can be difficult. Below, we will be going over some of the best ways to find the best storage facility and to pick the right one.
Finding The Best Storage Facility:
1. Determine What You Need.
The main thing you will want to do when it comes to finding the best storage facility is to first determine what kind of storage facility you require. You will want to do this by looking at the things that you are planning on putting into storage. By doing this, it is going to allow you to make a list of everything that you are planning on storing which can help determine the type that you will need. If you are planning on storing belongings that need to be in a temperature controlled environment, it is something that you are going to need to consider. Temperature controlled units are likely going to end up costing you more money per month, but it will also ensure that your belongings do not get messed up.
If you are planning on storing valuable things in your locker, you will likely want to invest in a unit that has the proper security measures in place. Meaning, you might want to find one that has a proper alarm, locking mechanism, and more. While this might cost extra, finding one with all of this is not only going to keep your things as safe as possible, but it will also provide you with a certain level of peace of mind.
Also, if you will be storing items that you will need to frequently access or get out throughout the year, this is another consideration you will want to make. A lot of people actually opt for the smallest possible unit they can fit everything into in order to save money. Unfortunately, this might mean having to constantly empty the unit and repack it in order to gain access to the things in the back of the unit. For this reason, it is better to plan ahead and really invest in the right type and size of the unit depending on your specific requirements.
2. Do Your Homework.
Once you have determined what kind of storage unit you are going to need, you will want to do your homework to try to figure out what unit to invest in. One of the most important things that you are going to want to consider while you are researching your options would be the user feedback and reviews of the various units that you are considering. Obviously, the better the reviews, the better the chances the unit is going to be a good option for you. Therefore, you should really take a look at the units and make sure that you are picking units that have positive feedback. That way, you know you are getting a unit that can deliver.
Along with this, you will want to be sure to look at the location of the unit, but unless you need frequent access to it, it might be best not to get too stuck on finding one with an ideal location. You don't want to get too stuck on this because it is the number one factor that is likely to limit your options tremendously. By limiting yourself to choosing from only facilities located closest in proximity to you, it might force you to choose between facilities that do not meet your needs or provide you with the most value for your money.
By following the tips above, you should be able to adequately narrow down your options and pick and choose which storage facility to invest in. Be sure to weigh your options and think about the value you are getting for your money to choose the right one.
storage places Near Fort Lauderdale: Choosing The Right Size Storage Unit
You could choose to go with a larger unit than you’ll need when looking near Fort Lauderdale Florida, but it’ll be overkill, and you’ll pay a premium for space that you aren’t even using. The facility manager should be able to help you figure out how much space you’ll need, but that’s assuming that he or she is an honest individual. As a rule of thumb, here are the typical storage unit sizes, and how much you can expect to store in them.
- *5′ X 5′ Often called closet storage, it’s suitable for storing any extra items that you may have, such as tools, seasonal items, and office supplies.
- *5′ X 10′ You’ll be able to store about the equivalent of one bedroom in a unit of this size.
- *10′ X 10′ This size storage unit is great for storing the amount of items you might have in an average sized, two bedroom apartment.
- *10′ X 15′ You’ll have enough room to store the equivalent of three bedrooms, including bulkier items such as beds and dressers.
- *10′ X 20′ This storage unit is sufficient for storing a full-sized house of up to five bedrooms.
- *10′ X 30′ If you have a larger home, this one’s for you. You can store the equivalent of up to seven bedrooms.
Self Storage Facility Features To Look For Nearby
There are a number of storage places features that may, or may not, be important to you. Having weighed your needs, it’s time to acquaint yourself with the features that you might find at a storage facility near you. Here is a list of features that you’ll find offered at most well run storage facilities:
- *Climate or Temperature Controlled: This feature is useful if the items that you’re storing are susceptible to damage from exposure to fluctuating temperature extremes and humidity.
- *High Tech Security: The amount of security offered will vary from facility to facility, however some of the security measures that may be offered include individual door alarms, 24 hour DVR security, and automatically shutting, pass-coded gates. Some locations also keep staff on hand at all times as an additional security measure.
- *24 Hour Access: Some facilities are available for access 24 hours per day, with or without security to control who has access.
- *Specialty Storage: Some facilities offer special storage solutions for boats, recreational vehicles, automobiles, computer equipment, wine, etc.
- *Extra-wide Alleys: Most newer facilities offer wide access alleys between rolls of buildings so that larger moving vehicles can easily fit.
Types Of Storage Solutions in Fort Lauderdale Florida
You’ll have three basic types of storage units in your area to choose from: indoor, drive up, and mobile. Each storage solution has its own pros and cons, and the one that you’ll choose will be determined by your individual storage needs. Most people choose either indoor or drive up units.
- Indoor Storage Units: These are often more expensive than drive up due to the fact that they are much more secure. Most Fort Lauderdale facilities require that you pass through some type of security, usually locked door with a keypad, to gain access to the interior of the building. If you’re going to need a climate controlled storage unit, then you should focus your search for those facilities that offer indoor storage. While not as convenient to access as it is for drive up units, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your items are better protected.
- Drive Up Storage Units: Usually less expensive than indoor units in Fort Lauderdale , and they are much more common to find. Access is typically very good, often with enough space to back a moving truck directly to your storage unit’s door. Most do not offer any type of climate control, which means that it can get quite cold to very hot inside the unit as the seasons change.
- Mobile Storage Units: This type is often the choice of people who are relocating to another city in Florida outside of Fort Lauderdale. They’ll have the convenience of having the unit, called a storage pod, delivered to their home. Once loaded, the unit will be picked up and transported to the city that you’re relocating to, and will be stored until you’re ready for delivery to your new home.
Tips For Storing Your Stuff
Looking For Climate Controlled Storage? Look For These 10 Things!
There can be many reasons why you want a climate controlled storage unit. You might have no air conditioning or heat at home and want to protect your belongings for a while. A huge collection of books and magazines could suffer from mildew and moisture, and it's always a good option for preserving antiques and family heirlooms that simply won't fit into your home, or you don't trust your attic or basement.
When you start your search for a climate controlled storage facility, look out for these 10 things as you consider your possibilities:
1) What range of actual temperatures do they keep the building in? Even though a facility might claim to be climate controlled, what do they really mean by it? Is it just some air conditioning? What's the maximum temperature they tolerate? What about a minimum? What humidity level do they keep the air at? Knowing these numbers can matter quite a bit depending on what you're storing there.
2) Are there backup generators? If you really want to make sure your stuff is always protected, then look for a climate controlled storage facility that has backup generators to kick in when the power goes out. This option is rather rare, and also expensive.
3) What is the history of power outages in that location? Most facilities will not actually see their internal climate change all that much from just a few hours of power loss, but a few days could be a whole different story. See what you can find out about how often outages happen there and how long the average one is if you're truly concerned and the facility does not have backup generators.
4) Is there online monitoring? Modern technology should mean great options, like the chance to see the hallways and parking lot of the facility over the Internet through the building's security cameras. You should also be able to see a dashboard showing the hours someone is on duty in the office, as well as the current temperature and humidity within the facility.
5) How flexible are the contracts? Some places will negotiate a fixed-length contract and expect you to honor it to the end. Others will just let things go month to month. Read the fine print and ask questions.
6) Is the first month cheap or free? Like standard storage unit rental facilities, climate controlled options often offer a free first month, or make the first four weeks something cheap like a dollar.
7) Are there early termination fees? If the place is month to month, this is not really a concern, but if you sign a longer rental agreement, you might face an early termination fee if you decide to pull your belongings out before the contract has run its course.
8) Is there 24/7 access? Even though you are storing your possessions there to be secure, you should also be able to get to them whenever you need to, regardless of what day or hour it might be. Expect some combination of key codes and cards with other technology to be given to you so that you can get into the facility whenever you want to do so.
9) Is the location staffed? You might need a new lock, need to report a problem, or just can't get in. Know what hours a facility is actually staffed, although it's unlikely to be 24/7. To prevent a monthly errand, it's good to do business with a place that lets you pay for your unit online.
10) How hard is it to get in and out? Many storage rental unit properties are notorious for how hard it can be to get in and out. They need to be secure and have gated entries, but they might also be so secure that it's cumbersome getting a vehicle in and out. A climate controlled storage facility might be a double whammy, involving entering the fence and also the building, but it also might just involved entering the building itself.
These 10 factors aren't the only things you should look for in climate controlled storage, but they provide good parameters to start your hunt for a good deal.
Comparing Fort Lauderdale Storage Units & Facilities Nearby
Just like with anything else, it pays to shop around. Don’t just go to the storage facility nearest to your house in Fort Lauderdale, and sign a contract with them to store your items. Also, don’t go with the cheapest storage place you can find without giving it a lot of thought ahead of time. In either case, you’re not usually going to get the best deal, and you may find that your needs are not being met. Once you’ve signed a contract, you’re typically required to give a 30 day notice in order to store your items with another facility.
When comparing, consider the condition of the facility, and whether or not it is staffed during regular business hours. Also consider the distance to you home in Fort Lauderdale Florida. It may not seem like much now, but you’ll be glad not to have to drive the extra miles.
If You Are Looking For The Perfect Storage Units in Fort Lauderdale To Rent Call Us!
You can save some money by looking for facilities that offer the first month free or for $1. Some will also provide a free moving truck for local moves, which can save you the cost of renting a truck. Don’t rush into signing a contract, and be sure that all of your needs are going to be fulfilled to ensure that you are getting the right storage unit in Fort Lauderdale for the money.
24 Hour Access and Security With Surveillance and Key Card Entry
World-Class Storage Rental
Renting a storage facility for your needs is important.
It is one of those steps that is going to take time on your end, and it will be pertinent to look at the best options available to you. If not, the storage is going to be below par, and you will hate the results that come in over time.
What are you going to get with the best storage rental that is on offer? You are going to see a lot of value, and it is going to start with a list of benefits that come into action. Here is a look at those premium benefits you are going to notice.
Look into what you are doing as that is a must.
A spacious solution is something that is going to add a lot of value and is going to determine how things are going. If you are not able to maximize the space that is on offer, you are not going to like what you are getting or how it plays into your hands as time goes on.
Stay alert and focus on going with a spacious option that can optimize what you are doing and how you are doing it. This is how you are going to feel happy, and the assets are going to stay in one piece as well.
Don't cut corners in this regard and go with the best of the best. Your assets deserve a spot that is ideal and can protect them at all costs.
The right option is always going to be one that is easy on the budget. You are not going to want to overpay for something of this nature, and the best storage rental is going to have this on offer. You are going to be able to get a tremendous deal that is easy on the wallet and is not going to pressure you to cut in other places. Don't take a chance and go with something that has been around for years and is resolute in its setup.
This is how you are going to save a lot of money and get the flexibility you are after.
Your assets have to be put in place where they are going to stay safe, and the rate you are going to pay will determine how happy you are. This is why an affordable storage rental option is one of those fits you have to think about as soon as you can.
3) Airtight Security
Don't want to put your assets in something that is unsafe?
Most people will know they are going to need a storage rental that is safe from all angles. This means you want proper security in place and anything that goes wrong shouldn't. It is important to look at all security-based details as soon as you can.
It is the only way you are going to feel safe, and things are going to work out for you. Security is a major issue and shouldn't be something you worry about as long as you are going with a proper solution.
4) Perfect Temperature
Depending on what you are putting inside, you will want to make sure the storage on offer is excellent. You want the temperature to be easy on the assets you are putting in there as that could lead to a lot of damage.
Take your time and go with a resolute solution that is going to be designed for your needs. The last thing anyone wants is to be put in a situation where their storage is below par and doesn't help with what they are looking to do.
These are the benefits you are going to see with the help of the best storage rental in town. Yes, you are going to have a few options up your sleeve, and each one is going to have something unique to offer. In the end, you want to pick the one that is going to yield great value and is going to protect your assets. The right storage rental is always one that is complete in what it has to offer and is going to sustain itself in the long-run.