Find Self Storage Facilities in Illinois Near You
Affordable Storage Units in Illinois: The Perfect Solution When You Need A Little Space
Most Americans living in Illinois at one time or another find themselves short on space. Whether it’s a temporary situation that needs a short term storage solution or a long term shortage of space in your home or business, there are a variety of climate controlled storage that can meet your needs at ilockstorage.com
Looking For Climate Controlled Storage? Look For These 10 Things!
There can be many reasons why you want a climate controlled storage unit. You might have no air conditioning or heat at home and want to protect your belongings for a while. A huge collection of books and magazines could suffer from mildew and moisture, and it's always a good option for preserving antiques and family heirlooms that simply won't fit into your home, or you don't trust your attic or basement.
When you start your search for a climate controlled storage facility, look out for these 10 things as you consider your possibilities:
1) What range of actual temperatures do they keep the building in? Even though a facility might claim to be climate controlled, what do they really mean by it? Is it just some air conditioning? What's the maximum temperature they tolerate? What about a minimum? What humidity level do they keep the air at? Knowing these numbers can matter quite a bit depending on what you're storing there.
2) Are there backup generators? If you really want to make sure your stuff is always protected, then look for a climate controlled storage facility that has backup generators to kick in when the power goes out. This option is rather rare, and also expensive.
3) What is the history of power outages in that location? Most facilities will not actually see their internal climate change all that much from just a few hours of power loss, but a few days could be a whole different story. See what you can find out about how often outages happen there and how long the average one is if you're truly concerned and the facility does not have backup generators.
4) Is there online monitoring? Modern technology should mean great options, like the chance to see the hallways and parking lot of the facility over the Internet through the building's security cameras. You should also be able to see a dashboard showing the hours someone is on duty in the office, as well as the current temperature and humidity within the facility.
5) How flexible are the contracts? Some places will negotiate a fixed-length contract and expect you to honor it to the end. Others will just let things go month to month. Read the fine print and ask questions.
6) Is the first month cheap or free? Like standard storage unit rental facilities, climate controlled options often offer a free first month, or make the first four weeks something cheap like a dollar.
7) Are there early termination fees? If the place is month to month, this is not really a concern, but if you sign a longer rental agreement, you might face an early termination fee if you decide to pull your belongings out before the contract has run its course.
8) Is there 24/7 access? Even though you are storing your possessions there to be secure, you should also be able to get to them whenever you need to, regardless of what day or hour it might be. Expect some combination of key codes and cards with other technology to be given to you so that you can get into the facility whenever you want to do so.
9) Is the location staffed? You might need a new lock, need to report a problem, or just can't get in. Know what hours a facility is actually staffed, although it's unlikely to be 24/7. To prevent a monthly errand, it's good to do business with a place that lets you pay for your unit online.
10) How hard is it to get in and out? Many storage rental unit properties are notorious for how hard it can be to get in and out. They need to be secure and have gated entries, but they might also be so secure that it's cumbersome getting a vehicle in and out. A climate controlled storage facility might be a double whammy, involving entering the fence and also the building, but it also might just involved entering the building itself.
These 10 factors aren't the only things you should look for in climate controlled storage, but they provide good parameters to start your hunt for a good deal.
Illinois storage units are useful for much more than just holding your extra stuff. Here are just a few of the things you could store in a storage rental:
- Prized collections of wines, books, china, dolls, etc.
- Bulky sports equipment for your children
- Supplies for your remodeling or renovation projects
- Supplies for church or community events that you help with, such as festivals, fun runs, fundraisers, and community yard sales
- Seasonal business storage of fixtures, merchandise, or holiday decor
- Overflow of business supplies or inventory during the busy season
- Summer storage near campus for college students
- Temporary storage while you’re living in corporate housing for your job relocation
- Temporary storage during your DIY local or interstate move
- Storage for your upcoming yard sale
- Storage of your excess belongings, personal items, and clutter during the staging and sale of your home
- Musical instruments
- Storage of inherited furniture and other belongings while you sort through them
- Seasonal decor
- Seasonal clothing
- Wedding gifts “keep them safe while you’re on your honeymoon
- Christmas gifts “keep them away from the prying eyes of little ones
- Car parts and tools for your project car
- Hunting and fishing gear
- Boating gear
- Inventory for your online business
Different Uses For Cheap Storage Units in Illinois
Storage units may not just be for storing things. Some storage units may actually be put to more creative use, depending on local laws and the rules of your self storage facility. In some locations in Illinois, you may actually be able to use storage units in a myriad of ways, including as an office space, an art studio, an art gallery, a personal gym, a music studio, or a man/woman cave to get a few minutes away from the chaos.
Be aware that it’s crucial to read the fine print on your storage facility’s rules, and be upfront and honest with them about your intended purpose. You also want to be aware of any neighborhood rules or local ordinances that may prevent certain uses, and be sure that you follow all the facility rules and be a good “neighbor” to those who rent units around yours.
Choosing The Best climate controlled storage In Your Area
When you rent storage units, it’s important to determine in advance what you need, what facilities are available, and what your budget is. You also need to know what amenities you may need to ensure that your items stay in optimum condition.
Self storage businesses can vary widely in their offerings, amenities, prices, security, and other factors.
Those storing special collections will want to be aware of what special needs their collectibles may have. If your items will be susceptible to moisture, humidity, heat, or cold, you’ll want a Illinois climate-controlled storage unit.
You should also choose your location wisely. If you may have workers or clients coming or going, or if you’ll need access after dark, or if you’ll be storing valuables, you’ll definitely want a facility in a safe neighborhood. If you need to access your unit often, you’ll also want it to be as close to home as possible.
Those using their storage space as an office or creative space will want a unit that is the right size for the intended activity, since a space that is too large or too small may impact your use of the unit. If you plan to play music or work on art, electricity will be needed so that you can have good lighting. Not all units are electrified, beyond a single lightbulb, so office workers will need to think about how many lights or office machines may need an outlet, as well as how good of a cell phone signal is received inside the unit.
Security is another concern. Do you want to make sure your items are safe? You’ll want to choose a gated facility with 24/7 cameras, a code system that records who is entering or exiting, and management that lives on-site.
Customer service is also an important factor. Whenever you contact the storage facility, you should pay attention to how you are treated. If the manager treats you poorly before they get your business, they’ll most likely treat you worse once they have your money.
Check out the office when you arrive. If the office is tidy, clean, and organized, and if the manager is well-groomed and dressed neatly, they’ll likely take care of the facility “and your possessions” in a similar manner.
Before you rent Illinois climate controlled storage, ask to have a tour. Ask what the facility does to prevent pest infestation. In some areas of the country, regular pest control spraying must be done to deter nesting spiders, cockroaches, etc. Rodents are often a factor in any area of the country.
When you choose a storage facility, be sure to insure the contents of your unit in case of theft, vandalism, fire, flood, natural disaster, or anything else that may happen. Such insurance is usually very inexpensive, and worth it in the long run.
24 Hour Access and Security With Surveillance and Key Card Entry
World-Class Storage Rental
Renting a storage facility for your needs is important.
It is one of those steps that is going to take time on your end, and it will be pertinent to look at the best options available to you. If not, the storage is going to be below par, and you will hate the results that come in over time.
What are you going to get with the best storage rental that is on offer? You are going to see a lot of value, and it is going to start with a list of benefits that come into action. Here is a look at those premium benefits you are going to notice.
Look into what you are doing as that is a must.
A spacious solution is something that is going to add a lot of value and is going to determine how things are going. If you are not able to maximize the space that is on offer, you are not going to like what you are getting or how it plays into your hands as time goes on.
Stay alert and focus on going with a spacious option that can optimize what you are doing and how you are doing it. This is how you are going to feel happy, and the assets are going to stay in one piece as well.
Don't cut corners in this regard and go with the best of the best. Your assets deserve a spot that is ideal and can protect them at all costs.
The right option is always going to be one that is easy on the budget. You are not going to want to overpay for something of this nature, and the best storage rental is going to have this on offer. You are going to be able to get a tremendous deal that is easy on the wallet and is not going to pressure you to cut in other places. Don't take a chance and go with something that has been around for years and is resolute in its setup.
This is how you are going to save a lot of money and get the flexibility you are after.
Your assets have to be put in place where they are going to stay safe, and the rate you are going to pay will determine how happy you are. This is why an affordable storage rental option is one of those fits you have to think about as soon as you can.
3) Airtight Security
Don't want to put your assets in something that is unsafe?
Most people will know they are going to need a storage rental that is safe from all angles. This means you want proper security in place and anything that goes wrong shouldn't. It is important to look at all security-based details as soon as you can.
It is the only way you are going to feel safe, and things are going to work out for you. Security is a major issue and shouldn't be something you worry about as long as you are going with a proper solution.
4) Perfect Temperature
Depending on what you are putting inside, you will want to make sure the storage on offer is excellent. You want the temperature to be easy on the assets you are putting in there as that could lead to a lot of damage.
Take your time and go with a resolute solution that is going to be designed for your needs. The last thing anyone wants is to be put in a situation where their storage is below par and doesn't help with what they are looking to do.
These are the benefits you are going to see with the help of the best storage rental in town. Yes, you are going to have a few options up your sleeve, and each one is going to have something unique to offer. In the end, you want to pick the one that is going to yield great value and is going to protect your assets. The right storage rental is always one that is complete in what it has to offer and is going to sustain itself in the long-run.
Illinois Storage Unit Costs
Storage unit rental costs will vary by size, type, and location. The national average price to rent a storage unit for all sizes is $87.15 per month, with an average rental price of $0.97 per square foot. Climate-controlled units tend to run about 30 percent to 50 percent more than regular units.
The average storage unit sizes are:
- 5′ x 5′
- 5′ x 10′
- 10′ x 5′ (same as a 5′ x 10′, but with a shallower unit depth and wider door)
- 5′ x 15′
- 10′ x 20′
- 10′ x 25′
- 10′ x 30′
Self storage units nearby crowded metropolitan areas of Illinois will naturally run more than a unit in a rural area. Urban units may run as much as 50% less than their rural counterparts.
Looking For climate controlled storage In Illinois Near You? Call Now!
Most climate controlled storage are very reasonably priced. In almost every case, it’s less expensive to rent storage space than to move to a larger home or apartment. If you’ve run out of room in your home or business, it may be time to consider extending your storage capabilities, and give yourself enough room to breath and enjoy your space again.
Do You Need Moving Containers, Bins or Truck Rental?
Finding Cheap Storage Units
Investing in cheap storage units can be a great way to get rid of some of the clutter throughout your home without having to get rid of your belongings. It can also be a good way to downsize your home without having to throw everything away as well. After all, you might have belongings that are taking up a lot of space but that you simply do not want to get rid of. This can not only allow you to keep them, but also save money at the same time. If you have made a decision to find cheap storage units to maximize the space available in your home, you will want to be sure to find the right one. Finding the right storage unit to invest in doesn't have to be too difficult of a process. Below, we will discuss some of the top ways in which you can find the right cheap storage unit to invest in.
Finding The Right Storage Unit:
One of the first considerations you will likely have to make is the location of the unit. While this is important, it should not be the sole basis for your decision. Depending on whether or not you will be storing items that you actively need throughout the year, the location of the unit might not be all that important to you. It is wise to not limit yourself based on the location of the units in question. Therefore, while this might be a consideration, it shouldn't be too high of a priority unless you are going to be accessing the unit daily.
Another major thing that you are going to want to check out is the size of the unit. This is going to be determined by your needs. If you do not need a huge unit to store a lot of things, you might be able to get away with a smaller unit. Whereas, you also want to factor in how you will be utilizing the space. While you might be able to fit everything into the smallest unit, it is important to remember that you might need to access various things throughout your storage unit at times. Thus, you might have to end up unpacking or moving everything out of the way in order to gain sufficient access to it. This is not only going to waste your time but can be a huge hassle as well. Therefore, if you are going to be needing complete access to everything in your storage unit throughout the year, it might be better to invest in a unit slightly larger than you might need so you can plan to have to space to walk and access the entire unit at all times.
3. Climate Controlled Units.
If you are going to be storing temperature sensitive items or belongings, you will want to be sure that you are investing in a climate controlled unit. Not everyone is going to need these type of advanced features. It is all going to depend on what you are storing in the unit itself. Investing in a climate controlled unit will cost more so it is something to consider.
Another major factor into your decision will be the security of the unit that you are looking at. Obviously, if you plan on storing a lot of expensive equipment or items, you will want to invest in a storage unit that will provide you with ample security. Whereas, if you are only going to be placing low cost or inexpensive things inside of the unit, you might not want to pay extra for enhanced security features.
Ultimately, it is going to largely depend on what your needs are, what you plan on storing in the units, and whether or not you will want access to the entire unit to be able to take things in and out of it. By figuring out the answers to all of the above factors, you should be able to properly identify the right storage unit to invest in. While the location of the unit is likely going to be important to some, it is best to not limit yourself to a few options solely because of it.