Find Self Storage Facilities in Maryland Near You
Affordable Storage Units in Maryland: The Perfect Solution When You Need A Little Space
Most Americans living in Maryland at one time or another find themselves short on space. Whether it’s a temporary situation that needs a short term storage solution or a long term shortage of space in your home or business, there are a variety of storage solutions that can meet your needs at ilockstorage.com
Where Is The Best Facility To Keep and Store Your Favorite Things?
Tips For Finding The Best Storage Rental Units
When you have a lot of items that you own, you may notice it is going to be difficult to keep them on your property at times. Since this is the case, you may want to think about some tips to help you out in getting the best storage units you can rent. However, if you are like a lot of people you may find that it is going to be impossible to know what to find in the storage units. This is why you should know some tips, like those provided here, to get the right storage unit for your needs.
The first thing that you need to do is figure out how much of a storage unit you are going to need to have. However, what you need to realize is the size should be a little bit bigger than what you think. That is because you will need to have a unit that holds all the items. Remember you can stack the items, but if you are planning on getting the items back out and need to move them around quite a bit you will need to know about the size of the unit and how you can stack or store the items to make them accessible.
Location is something else to think about when you are looking at these storage units. You may think it is not going to matter that much, but you need to realize when you are getting these units and having your items stored away from your home you want to get to them easily. So you should find a unit that is close to your home. However, what you need to realize is if you are getting one of the storage units that is going to be something you need to consider where the storage units are going to come from and where you can put them on your property.
Security that is present in the storage units is something else to consider. Face it, crime is on the rise and you want to make sure your items are safe and secure. However, you also want to make sure you are going to have all of your belongings being safe from being stolen. Since this is the case you should make sure you know about the protection that is in place for the location the storage unit is located in. For example, fencing, on site security guards, and even getting the protection that is needed from cameras that are going to record the criminals who are coming into the location and stealing the items from units.
Weather control is something else you need to think about as well. You may have never thought about this before, but when you are storing some of your items inside of a metal storage building they are going to sweat. This is going to lead to the sweat dripping onto your items and can easily ruin them. However, to keep them from happening you will want to make sure you are going to know about the type of air conditioning or heating the units are going to have. Then you do not have to be concerned about your belongings inside of the unit being ruined.
Finally you need to know about the type of fire protection that is present. It is sad to say, but sometimes these units do catch fire and if they do not have the proper fire protection in place it could easily ruin your belongings. However, you should make sure you know about the protection the storage unit company is going to have in regards to the fire that can be spread.
Having to put your belongings in storage may not be the best option at times for you, but it is something that you may need to do. This is when you should know more about the best tips to help you in finding the best storage units you are able to rent. By knowing these tips it will be very easy for you to get the right information and know it is going to help you in selecting the storage unit you can use.
Maryland storage units are useful for much more than just holding your extra stuff. Here are just a few of the things you could store in a storage rental:
- Prized collections of wines, books, china, dolls, etc.
- Bulky sports equipment for your children
- Supplies for your remodeling or renovation projects
- Supplies for church or community events that you help with, such as festivals, fun runs, fundraisers, and community yard sales
- Seasonal business storage of fixtures, merchandise, or holiday decor
- Overflow of business supplies or inventory during the busy season
- Summer storage near campus for college students
- Temporary storage while you’re living in corporate housing for your job relocation
- Temporary storage during your DIY local or interstate move
- Storage for your upcoming yard sale
- Storage of your excess belongings, personal items, and clutter during the staging and sale of your home
- Musical instruments
- Storage of inherited furniture and other belongings while you sort through them
- Seasonal decor
- Seasonal clothing
- Wedding gifts “keep them safe while you’re on your honeymoon
- Christmas gifts “keep them away from the prying eyes of little ones
- Car parts and tools for your project car
- Hunting and fishing gear
- Boating gear
- Inventory for your online business
Different Uses For Cheap Storage Units in Maryland
Storage units may not just be for storing things. Some storage units may actually be put to more creative use, depending on local laws and the rules of your self storage facility. In some locations in Maryland, you may actually be able to use storage units in a myriad of ways, including as an office space, an art studio, an art gallery, a personal gym, a music studio, or a man/woman cave to get a few minutes away from the chaos.
Be aware that it’s crucial to read the fine print on your storage facility’s rules, and be upfront and honest with them about your intended purpose. You also want to be aware of any neighborhood rules or local ordinances that may prevent certain uses, and be sure that you follow all the facility rules and be a good “neighbor” to those who rent units around yours.
Choosing The Best storage solutions In Your Area
When you rent storage units, it’s important to determine in advance what you need, what facilities are available, and what your budget is. You also need to know what amenities you may need to ensure that your items stay in optimum condition.
Self storage businesses can vary widely in their offerings, amenities, prices, security, and other factors.
Those storing special collections will want to be aware of what special needs their collectibles may have. If your items will be susceptible to moisture, humidity, heat, or cold, you’ll want a Maryland climate-controlled storage unit.
You should also choose your location wisely. If you may have workers or clients coming or going, or if you’ll need access after dark, or if you’ll be storing valuables, you’ll definitely want a facility in a safe neighborhood. If you need to access your unit often, you’ll also want it to be as close to home as possible.
Those using their storage space as an office or creative space will want a unit that is the right size for the intended activity, since a space that is too large or too small may impact your use of the unit. If you plan to play music or work on art, electricity will be needed so that you can have good lighting. Not all units are electrified, beyond a single lightbulb, so office workers will need to think about how many lights or office machines may need an outlet, as well as how good of a cell phone signal is received inside the unit.
Security is another concern. Do you want to make sure your items are safe? You’ll want to choose a gated facility with 24/7 cameras, a code system that records who is entering or exiting, and management that lives on-site.
Customer service is also an important factor. Whenever you contact the storage facility, you should pay attention to how you are treated. If the manager treats you poorly before they get your business, they’ll most likely treat you worse once they have your money.
Check out the office when you arrive. If the office is tidy, clean, and organized, and if the manager is well-groomed and dressed neatly, they’ll likely take care of the facility “and your possessions” in a similar manner.
Before you rent Maryland storage solutions, ask to have a tour. Ask what the facility does to prevent pest infestation. In some areas of the country, regular pest control spraying must be done to deter nesting spiders, cockroaches, etc. Rodents are often a factor in any area of the country.
When you choose a storage facility, be sure to insure the contents of your unit in case of theft, vandalism, fire, flood, natural disaster, or anything else that may happen. Such insurance is usually very inexpensive, and worth it in the long run.
Moving and Need a Place To Store Your Belongings?
Finding The Best Storage Facilities
Renting a storage unit is likely going to come up some time. This is especially true if you are thinking about downsizing to a smaller living space or simply looking to de-clutter your home. You might want to keep some things but not have them taking up valuable space in your living area. Getting a spot at a storage facility can be a great way to do this. However, knowing what storage facility to pick and even trust can be difficult. Below, we will be going over some of the best ways to find the best storage facility and to pick the right one.
Finding The Best Storage Facility:
1. Determine What You Need.
The main thing you will want to do when it comes to finding the best storage facility is to first determine what kind of storage facility you require. You will want to do this by looking at the things that you are planning on putting into storage. By doing this, it is going to allow you to make a list of everything that you are planning on storing which can help determine the type that you will need. If you are planning on storing belongings that need to be in a temperature controlled environment, it is something that you are going to need to consider. Temperature controlled units are likely going to end up costing you more money per month, but it will also ensure that your belongings do not get messed up.
If you are planning on storing valuable things in your locker, you will likely want to invest in a unit that has the proper security measures in place. Meaning, you might want to find one that has a proper alarm, locking mechanism, and more. While this might cost extra, finding one with all of this is not only going to keep your things as safe as possible, but it will also provide you with a certain level of peace of mind.
Also, if you will be storing items that you will need to frequently access or get out throughout the year, this is another consideration you will want to make. A lot of people actually opt for the smallest possible unit they can fit everything into in order to save money. Unfortunately, this might mean having to constantly empty the unit and repack it in order to gain access to the things in the back of the unit. For this reason, it is better to plan ahead and really invest in the right type and size of the unit depending on your specific requirements.
2. Do Your Homework.
Once you have determined what kind of storage unit you are going to need, you will want to do your homework to try to figure out what unit to invest in. One of the most important things that you are going to want to consider while you are researching your options would be the user feedback and reviews of the various units that you are considering. Obviously, the better the reviews, the better the chances the unit is going to be a good option for you. Therefore, you should really take a look at the units and make sure that you are picking units that have positive feedback. That way, you know you are getting a unit that can deliver.
Along with this, you will want to be sure to look at the location of the unit, but unless you need frequent access to it, it might be best not to get too stuck on finding one with an ideal location. You don't want to get too stuck on this because it is the number one factor that is likely to limit your options tremendously. By limiting yourself to choosing from only facilities located closest in proximity to you, it might force you to choose between facilities that do not meet your needs or provide you with the most value for your money.
By following the tips above, you should be able to adequately narrow down your options and pick and choose which storage facility to invest in. Be sure to weigh your options and think about the value you are getting for your money to choose the right one.
Maryland Storage Unit Costs
Storage unit rental costs will vary by size, type, and location. The national average price to rent a storage unit for all sizes is $87.15 per month, with an average rental price of $0.97 per square foot. Climate-controlled units tend to run about 30 percent to 50 percent more than regular units.
The average storage unit sizes are:
- 5′ x 5′
- 5′ x 10′
- 10′ x 5′ (same as a 5′ x 10′, but with a shallower unit depth and wider door)
- 5′ x 15′
- 10′ x 20′
- 10′ x 25′
- 10′ x 30′
Self storage units nearby crowded metropolitan areas of Maryland will naturally run more than a unit in a rural area. Urban units may run as much as 50% less than their rural counterparts.
Looking For storage solutions In Maryland Near You? Call Now!
Most storage solutions are very reasonably priced. In almost every case, it’s less expensive to rent storage space than to move to a larger home or apartment. If you’ve run out of room in your home or business, it may be time to consider extending your storage capabilities, and give yourself enough room to breath and enjoy your space again.
Where Is The Best Facility To Keep and Store Your Favorite Things?
Looking For Climate Controlled Storage? Look For These 10 Things!
There can be many reasons why you want a climate controlled storage unit. You might have no air conditioning or heat at home and want to protect your belongings for a while. A huge collection of books and magazines could suffer from mildew and moisture, and it's always a good option for preserving antiques and family heirlooms that simply won't fit into your home, or you don't trust your attic or basement.
When you start your search for a climate controlled storage facility, look out for these 10 things as you consider your possibilities:
1) What range of actual temperatures do they keep the building in? Even though a facility might claim to be climate controlled, what do they really mean by it? Is it just some air conditioning? What's the maximum temperature they tolerate? What about a minimum? What humidity level do they keep the air at? Knowing these numbers can matter quite a bit depending on what you're storing there.
2) Are there backup generators? If you really want to make sure your stuff is always protected, then look for a climate controlled storage facility that has backup generators to kick in when the power goes out. This option is rather rare, and also expensive.
3) What is the history of power outages in that location? Most facilities will not actually see their internal climate change all that much from just a few hours of power loss, but a few days could be a whole different story. See what you can find out about how often outages happen there and how long the average one is if you're truly concerned and the facility does not have backup generators.
4) Is there online monitoring? Modern technology should mean great options, like the chance to see the hallways and parking lot of the facility over the Internet through the building's security cameras. You should also be able to see a dashboard showing the hours someone is on duty in the office, as well as the current temperature and humidity within the facility.
5) How flexible are the contracts? Some places will negotiate a fixed-length contract and expect you to honor it to the end. Others will just let things go month to month. Read the fine print and ask questions.
6) Is the first month cheap or free? Like standard storage unit rental facilities, climate controlled options often offer a free first month, or make the first four weeks something cheap like a dollar.
7) Are there early termination fees? If the place is month to month, this is not really a concern, but if you sign a longer rental agreement, you might face an early termination fee if you decide to pull your belongings out before the contract has run its course.
8) Is there 24/7 access? Even though you are storing your possessions there to be secure, you should also be able to get to them whenever you need to, regardless of what day or hour it might be. Expect some combination of key codes and cards with other technology to be given to you so that you can get into the facility whenever you want to do so.
9) Is the location staffed? You might need a new lock, need to report a problem, or just can't get in. Know what hours a facility is actually staffed, although it's unlikely to be 24/7. To prevent a monthly errand, it's good to do business with a place that lets you pay for your unit online.
10) How hard is it to get in and out? Many storage rental unit properties are notorious for how hard it can be to get in and out. They need to be secure and have gated entries, but they might also be so secure that it's cumbersome getting a vehicle in and out. A climate controlled storage facility might be a double whammy, involving entering the fence and also the building, but it also might just involved entering the building itself.
These 10 factors aren't the only things you should look for in climate controlled storage, but they provide good parameters to start your hunt for a good deal.