Find & Rent Self Storage Units In Sioux Falls South Dakota Near You
Save Money By Choosing The Right Storage Solution
The cost to store your items in a Sioux Falls storage unit can range from quite inexpensive, to very costly. This cost variance can be caused by any number of factors, such as location in South Dakota, condition of the facilities, size and type of storage unit, and features built into the price. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your money when you put your items into storage solutions.
Identify Your Needs For South Dakota storage solutions
Your first step to getting the best deal is to become an informed renter, which begins with identifying what your needs actually are. A lot of people spend more than they need to on storage solutions because they get convinced by a slick salesperson that they options that they could do without. Begin by examining the types of items that you’ll be storing in your storage solutions, and ask yourself these questions:
- *How much space will you need to store your items?
- *What level of security do you need for your items?
- *Do your items require enclosed, covered, or open storage solutions, or a mixture of more than one?
- *Are your items easily damaged by temperature extremes?
- *Will you need 24 hour access to your items?
- *How important is the location of the storage facility?
- *How important is it to you that the storage facility is regularly staffed?
These storage solutions questions will help you to narrow down your choices. Most of them you’ll be able to answer on your own without to much efforts. Others, such as how much space you’ll need for your items, may or may not be able to be answered by you. If you’re unsure, don’t be afraid to talk to the storage facility manager, who can make recommendations based upon the type and amount of items that you have to store.
Affordable Storage For Your Needs
Is it time to put things into a storage room?
You are going to need to find a reliable fit or things will start to get expensive in a hurry. Too many people think they should pay any amount for a storage option even if it is not conducive for their budget. The best thing to do is take a look at all of the options and go with one that is a complete package.
How do you find something of this nature? You will need to put together a list of choices and find the one that is affordable and provides a great deal.
Here is a look at what you are going to get with an affordable option in the modern age.
The main thing you are going to get with a facility such as this is knowing you are getting a fair price. There are too many people who end up paying a hefty price when they could have got a better deal on the open market. Make sure you are giving yourself time to deal with those who have your best interests in mind.
Don't go with those who are going to squeeze every penny out of you just for the sake of doing so. This is a real worry for people when it shouldn't be.
Make sure you are also taking a look at the security that is on offer.
The best will ensure you are getting real value with the security. They are going to protect your assets with a multi-layered security setup that ensures all angles are considered. Those who are not doing this will be the ones who are going to put their assets at risk.
Don't do this and go with those who are ready to protect and will care for the assets to the end. The more risk you take, the worse it gets for the assets in the facility.
Where is the facility located?
This is going to matter for those who are looking to put their assets in a good place and want to make sure they are not dealing with a long-term issue that is hard to resolve. Be smart and go with a facility that is going to be close to where you want it to be.
This will keep things simple, and you won't have to go out of your way to deal with it. This is the biggest concern for those who are tired of the location they are considering.
Ample Space - How much space is there in the facility?
You want to go with those who are going to provide ample space inside. You don't want to fiddle around with multiple options and realize it is hard to fit everything inside. An affordable facility is one that is going to be easy on the wallet but is also going to give you enough room to work with.
The last thing anyone wants is to have no space with a load of items still needing a place to be situated. This is where one starts to worry but the best solution is not going to let that happen!
Climate Controlled Facility
Imagine putting your items in a facility that is hot and muggy? Is that what you want when it comes to your assets? No one intends to deal with a situation such as that, and this is the reason you want to go with a climate controlled location. It is going to make life easier, and you are going to retain better value in the long-run.
Make sure you are going with a climate controlled facility that is to the point and isn't going to bother you as time goes on.
These are the benefits you are going to notice with the help of a world-class facility. Storage solutions are all about being able to put your assets away and not having to think about them for too long. Those who are concerned about their items or don't want to take a chance should go with the safe option as it will make things easier over time.
Stick to what works and go with the affordable facility.
storage solutions Near Sioux Falls: Choosing The Right Size Storage Unit
You could choose to go with a larger unit than you’ll need when looking near Sioux Falls South Dakota, but it’ll be overkill, and you’ll pay a premium for space that you aren’t even using. The facility manager should be able to help you figure out how much space you’ll need, but that’s assuming that he or she is an honest individual. As a rule of thumb, here are the typical storage unit sizes, and how much you can expect to store in them.
- *5′ X 5′ Often called closet storage, it’s suitable for storing any extra items that you may have, such as tools, seasonal items, and office supplies.
- *5′ X 10′ You’ll be able to store about the equivalent of one bedroom in a unit of this size.
- *10′ X 10′ This size storage unit is great for storing the amount of items you might have in an average sized, two bedroom apartment.
- *10′ X 15′ You’ll have enough room to store the equivalent of three bedrooms, including bulkier items such as beds and dressers.
- *10′ X 20′ This storage unit is sufficient for storing a full-sized house of up to five bedrooms.
- *10′ X 30′ If you have a larger home, this one’s for you. You can store the equivalent of up to seven bedrooms.
Self Storage Facility Features To Look For Nearby
There are a number of storage solutions features that may, or may not, be important to you. Having weighed your needs, it’s time to acquaint yourself with the features that you might find at a storage facility near you. Here is a list of features that you’ll find offered at most well run storage facilities:
- *Climate or Temperature Controlled: This feature is useful if the items that you’re storing are susceptible to damage from exposure to fluctuating temperature extremes and humidity.
- *High Tech Security: The amount of security offered will vary from facility to facility, however some of the security measures that may be offered include individual door alarms, 24 hour DVR security, and automatically shutting, pass-coded gates. Some locations also keep staff on hand at all times as an additional security measure.
- *24 Hour Access: Some facilities are available for access 24 hours per day, with or without security to control who has access.
- *Specialty Storage: Some facilities offer special storage solutions for boats, recreational vehicles, automobiles, computer equipment, wine, etc.
- *Extra-wide Alleys: Most newer facilities offer wide access alleys between rolls of buildings so that larger moving vehicles can easily fit.
Types Of Storage Solutions in Sioux Falls South Dakota
You’ll have three basic types of storage units in your area to choose from: indoor, drive up, and mobile. Each storage solution has its own pros and cons, and the one that you’ll choose will be determined by your individual storage needs. Most people choose either indoor or drive up units.
- Indoor Storage Units: These are often more expensive than drive up due to the fact that they are much more secure. Most Sioux Falls facilities require that you pass through some type of security, usually locked door with a keypad, to gain access to the interior of the building. If you’re going to need a climate controlled storage unit, then you should focus your search for those facilities that offer indoor storage. While not as convenient to access as it is for drive up units, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your items are better protected.
- Drive Up Storage Units: Usually less expensive than indoor units in Sioux Falls , and they are much more common to find. Access is typically very good, often with enough space to back a moving truck directly to your storage unit’s door. Most do not offer any type of climate control, which means that it can get quite cold to very hot inside the unit as the seasons change.
- Mobile Storage Units: This type is often the choice of people who are relocating to another city in South Dakota outside of Sioux Falls. They’ll have the convenience of having the unit, called a storage pod, delivered to their home. Once loaded, the unit will be picked up and transported to the city that you’re relocating to, and will be stored until you’re ready for delivery to your new home.
Is Your Home or Apartment Too Cluttered?
Looking For Climate Controlled Storage? Look For These 10 Things!
There can be many reasons why you want a climate controlled storage unit. You might have no air conditioning or heat at home and want to protect your belongings for a while. A huge collection of books and magazines could suffer from mildew and moisture, and it's always a good option for preserving antiques and family heirlooms that simply won't fit into your home, or you don't trust your attic or basement.
When you start your search for a climate controlled storage facility, look out for these 10 things as you consider your possibilities:
1) What range of actual temperatures do they keep the building in? Even though a facility might claim to be climate controlled, what do they really mean by it? Is it just some air conditioning? What's the maximum temperature they tolerate? What about a minimum? What humidity level do they keep the air at? Knowing these numbers can matter quite a bit depending on what you're storing there.
2) Are there backup generators? If you really want to make sure your stuff is always protected, then look for a climate controlled storage facility that has backup generators to kick in when the power goes out. This option is rather rare, and also expensive.
3) What is the history of power outages in that location? Most facilities will not actually see their internal climate change all that much from just a few hours of power loss, but a few days could be a whole different story. See what you can find out about how often outages happen there and how long the average one is if you're truly concerned and the facility does not have backup generators.
4) Is there online monitoring? Modern technology should mean great options, like the chance to see the hallways and parking lot of the facility over the Internet through the building's security cameras. You should also be able to see a dashboard showing the hours someone is on duty in the office, as well as the current temperature and humidity within the facility.
5) How flexible are the contracts? Some places will negotiate a fixed-length contract and expect you to honor it to the end. Others will just let things go month to month. Read the fine print and ask questions.
6) Is the first month cheap or free? Like standard storage unit rental facilities, climate controlled options often offer a free first month, or make the first four weeks something cheap like a dollar.
7) Are there early termination fees? If the place is month to month, this is not really a concern, but if you sign a longer rental agreement, you might face an early termination fee if you decide to pull your belongings out before the contract has run its course.
8) Is there 24/7 access? Even though you are storing your possessions there to be secure, you should also be able to get to them whenever you need to, regardless of what day or hour it might be. Expect some combination of key codes and cards with other technology to be given to you so that you can get into the facility whenever you want to do so.
9) Is the location staffed? You might need a new lock, need to report a problem, or just can't get in. Know what hours a facility is actually staffed, although it's unlikely to be 24/7. To prevent a monthly errand, it's good to do business with a place that lets you pay for your unit online.
10) How hard is it to get in and out? Many storage rental unit properties are notorious for how hard it can be to get in and out. They need to be secure and have gated entries, but they might also be so secure that it's cumbersome getting a vehicle in and out. A climate controlled storage facility might be a double whammy, involving entering the fence and also the building, but it also might just involved entering the building itself.
These 10 factors aren't the only things you should look for in climate controlled storage, but they provide good parameters to start your hunt for a good deal.
Comparing Sioux Falls Storage Units & Facilities Nearby
Just like with anything else, it pays to shop around. Don’t just go to the storage facility nearest to your house in Sioux Falls, and sign a contract with them to store your items. Also, don’t go with the cheapest storage place you can find without giving it a lot of thought ahead of time. In either case, you’re not usually going to get the best deal, and you may find that your needs are not being met. Once you’ve signed a contract, you’re typically required to give a 30 day notice in order to store your items with another facility.
When comparing, consider the condition of the facility, and whether or not it is staffed during regular business hours. Also consider the distance to you home in Sioux Falls South Dakota. It may not seem like much now, but you’ll be glad not to have to drive the extra miles.
If You Are Looking For The Perfect Storage Units in Sioux Falls To Rent Call Us!
You can save some money by looking for facilities that offer the first month free or for $1. Some will also provide a free moving truck for local moves, which can save you the cost of renting a truck. Don’t rush into signing a contract, and be sure that all of your needs are going to be fulfilled to ensure that you are getting the right storage unit in Sioux Falls for the money.
Is Your Home or Apartment Too Cluttered?
Benefits Of Cheap Storage
Are you tired of having too much clutter around your home? Are you looking for a way to de-clutter without having to throw everything out? If so, you might be looking at self-storage options. Believe it or not, but there are storage units out there that can be utilized for very little money. Below, we will be going over some of the primary benefits of cheap storage.
Benefits Of Cheap Storage:
1. Make Your Home More Livable.
One of the main benefits that you are going to be able to get from investing in cheap storage is the ability to make your home much more livable. This is because you will be able to effectively clear out your home full of things that you might not be using at the moment either because you have something else in their place or because they are out of season. Being able to do this can help you free up a tremendous amount of space that you otherwise wouldn't have been able to fill up. Using your newly freed up space, you will be able to do things that you wouldn't have been able to do had the stuff you moved still been there. It is going to provide your home with much more open space.
2. Better Prioritize Things.
By renting out a cheap storage unit, you will be able to force yourself to have to prioritize different things in your home that you may have been putting off. When you are sorting through the various things, you will be able to really go through everything and figure out what you are keeping, what you are throwing away, what you might be giving away, and more. This will allow you to really have a time and space to do this.
3. It's Affordable.
Another benefit that comes with renting out a cheap storage unit is that it might be more affordable than keeping it around your home. This is especially true if you are looking to downsize your living space or home. For instance, by getting rid of a lot of the big things in your living space or home, you will be able to downsize your home to the point where you might be able to rent out or purchase a much more affordable home. Because you will only be paying a little bit of money for the unit each and every month, it is likely going to save you money in the long run. Along with this, if you do not have any expensive things to store and if what you are storing doesn't have to be temperature controlled, you may even be able to get by with a storage unit that doesn't have all of the extra features which would make it more expensive.
Tips To Keep Your Storage Unit Organized:
1. Label Each Box.
One of the main things that you will want to do when you are actually moving things into your storage unit is keep everything as organized as possible. The best way to do this is by labeling each box. By keeping everybody labeled, you will be able to identify where everything is and you should be able to find things much easier than if you went without labels completely.
2. Stack Items Neatly.
Another major tip that you will want to implement when you are putting your things in the storage unit is to stack your boxes and items neatly. By doing this, you will be able to not only locate things as quickly as possible, but it is also going to ensure that everything that you store in the unit will be kept safe from falling or being damaged in another way.
3. Keep a Spreadsheet.
When you are looking to organize your storage unit, you should attempt to keep a spreadsheet so you are able to identify where everything is quickly and easily. This will allow you to store various lists of everything that you stored in the unit and it will have things such as where you stored it and when you stored it.
Overall, there are a lot of benefits associated with opting for a cheap storage unit to put your excess things in.